Smoothies are becoming very popular in a generation that is slowly becoming much aware of its benefits. This is a vitamin-packed drink which is as healthy and nutritious as a drink would get. The smoothie is basically the real deal, characterized by richness in fiber and roughage that lacks in many other drinks.
THE CHOCOLATE EFFECT.
Chocolate has become one of the favorite and most popular flavors in the world, hence its consistent usage in many beverages across the world. Its sweetness and warm brownness evokes pleasurable craving that definitely ticks it as one of the best flavor.
There are 3 very popular chocolate smoothies that are constantly being blended across restaurants and homes.
There are basic requirements to preparing the chocolate smoothie, fast and efficiently. This includes;
· Blender: A good blender should achieve that smooth consistency in your smoothie.
· Fresh or frozen fruit.
· Chocolate ice cream.
· Ice cubes.
· The base liquid. In this case, preferably chocolate milk.
· Flavor, sweetener, some green and ice cubes are very common optional additives.
The following are the basic ingredients in the respective smoothies. It’s important to have your ingredients well set on the table. In this case, the ingredient is one glass serving of the smoothie.
CHOCOLATE BANANA SMOOTHIE
1 frozen banana
1 Tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ice cube
1 cup Chocolate Soy Milk
1 tablespoon of honey.
Whipped cream and sprinkles (optional)
· Pour milk into your blender jar.
· Add your chopped banana.
· Pour the rest of the ingredients into the blender.
· Blend to smoothness with no banana chunks.
· Poor your smoothie into a glass, enhance it with chocolate flakes and serve while chilled.
CHOCOLATE AVOCADO SMOOTHIE
1 small frozen ripe banana
3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 ripe frozen avocado
1-2 tablespoons of honey
Refrigerated coconut cream and milk.
Tiny pinch salt
· Blend all the ingredients together in a blender until it becomes adequately creamy. Add more milk until it’s the desired thickness.
· Add refrigerated cream to attain some thickness or add some milk for a leaner version.
· Serve for immediate consumption or refrigerate preferably for less than a day to maintain its nutritious levels and freshness.
CHOCOLATE BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup coconut or almond milk
2 cup of fresh spinach
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
Dash of cinnamon
1 ice cube.
· Stir together the cocoa powder and water until it dissolves.
· Place the cocoa mixture, frozen blueberries, milk, honey and ice cubes into the blender.
· Cover and blend until smooth.
· Serve cold.
· Get your ratios right.
· Use frozen fruit.
· Use natural honey as a sweetener.
· Be creative when it comes to the serving.
· Revamp the nutritious bit by going natural.
· Don’t refrigerate for more than a day.
Why the chocolate smoothie?
· High fiber content hence a more macro-nutrient drink. The fruit is blended as a whole ensuring all its nutrients are part of your smoothie.
· Wide and wholesome variety. The chocolate smoothie as illustrated above, accommodates a wide variety of fruits. The chocolate flavor is especially a great one since it easily accommodates and blends well with the natural taste of the fruits.
· Healthy: The chocolate smoothie allows you to take in all the wholesomeness in the proteins and vitamins. The sprinkles could come handy in adding just that needed nourishing bit. The milk is rich with calcium thus allowing you a wide dose of nutrients.
· Weight-loss smoothies: Chocolate smoothies are also tailored to aid in losing weight. Caffeine based ingredients like coffee increase the metabolism rate while lowering appetite. Almond butter is also another prime ingredient that could be used to help satiate appetite.
· The perfect light meal. The chocolate smoothie is now prepared at home since it befits many if not all occasions and scenarios. It can be taken during picnics and is also a great alternative to that take-away burger. The flavor is sweet and very popular with kids and ladies.
· The workout and gym beverage: A banana is known to be a natural source of creatine which gives you the power you need in the gym so a chocolate banana smoothie would work wonders here. The smoothie also comes in handy after your workout in preparing the torn tissues in the most natural way. The chocolate soy milk is known for its very low levels of calories thus giving you that edge in all-round fitness.
These chocolate smoothies stand out from all the other smoothies. They come with the most nutritious fruits making them the suitable smoothies for the whole family.